bear

bear

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Catching up!

Hello, My Friends!

It's been a while since I've had the time to post and I apologize... work just keeps getting in the way of my having fun.  I'll be getting a new laptop soon and be able to take it with me so I can keep in touch- even during the weeeeeee hours of my night shift.

I have a new book done!  I was calling it Perl of Great Price, Tx- but James has wisely convinced me to change the name (although I'm not sure yet since my brain has been so frazzeled lately).  It's been fun writing it- very different than my others in the respect that it takes place in a part of history that forced me to research well (1947) and is relatively MILD for me (sex wise).  It's pure romance and, as always, about self discovery.  I've been feeling very girly lately- sooooo I figured I would share the softer side of my nature with my incredible readers.

I wanted to thank all of you for your feedback and positive encouragement. As writers, we invest our hearts and take risks with our stories.  Personally, every one I write has a piece of my real life in it- to allow for greater truth and vulnerability for my characters and myself.  My fellow writers and personal friends (Renee Rose and Patty Devlin) will attest that it takes a lot to develop fun and interesting story lines and characters, and to find ways to meld truth and fantasy into one, cohesive piece.  Your support, loving reviews and private emails have made this whole experience one that I intend to continue for a very very long time.

It's about you--- what do you want to see?  What new world would you like to explore with me?  I also want to thank those of you who got their hackles raised with my 'haters'.  These people don't have to like our books... or even me as a writer.  Just think of it this way- they still buy them, right?  So there has to be something they are searching for that, hopefully, I might one day touch. This is my desire with everything I write- to touch something in the soul that allows for healing, happiness or hope. See? It's good all the way around.

Please keep emailing, commenting and reviewing... I love all of you (having a Hallmark moment here)
Yours Forever-
Bree

No comments:

Post a Comment