bear

bear

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Facing Fear = Building Confidence

Before I say anything else- I want to thank my fans for all the positive encouragement and reviews you've left on Blushing.  You all inspire me to grow and improve, and it's because of YOU that I challenge myself to bring you literature that will touch your hearts as well as your imagination. 

The reason I bring this up is because I've personally been learning a lot about myself as I've put my books out for public 'consumption' and, subsequently, criticism.  I recently shared my feelings about trust- but I left out the most important lesson of all---

Trust yourself
I will be honest.  I was terrified to put my first book out there for the world to see.  Fear of rejection, ridicule, judgement and failure reeked havoc on my delicate little heart.  Yes! I am a sensitive soul (don't listen to Nikki if she says otherwise! LOL!)  But as I held my breath, waiting for my first review, I had to stop to consider the journey I chose years ago, in the discovery of my true nature.

As I've told Nikki hundreds of times, the only difference between me and a 'normal person' is that I am no longer afraid to admit, and embrace, my 'dark side'.  I have no secrets from myself, or from those I trust.  When I fully submitted myself to that understanding, the fears I had dissolved in new found confidence.

Of course that confidence, had much to do with the people around me who showered me with positive reinforcement.  Besides my family, the uplifting reviews from my readers, the encouragement and support I receive from Blushing, the lectures I get from Dr. James, and the occasional kick in the rump I get from John helped me learn to trust myself and my abilities.

We need one another. Those who read this are strangers in flesh, but brothers and sister in spirit. Whether it's your lifestyle, or doing something you've never tried, allow yourself the privilege to experience it with those you trust and respect.  Even sharing on blogs like this- where you are supported and encouraged- can help build up a new found confidence to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilization, to boldly go.... oh, sorry! Got caught up in the moment.

My challenge to you:  Take a moment today to speak a word of encouragement or praise to someone you know AND to someone you don't.  Their smile as they receive from you will bring your confidence to a different level.  Don't believe me?  Try it and then share back here!
With all Luvs and Kisses-  Breanna

Cross your fingers! James said Serendipity Ranch should be ready for next weekend!

1 comment: