bear

bear

Thursday, November 1, 2012

I've Got Something I Just Have To Say...

If you have ever read this blog before, you probably noticed that Bree and I interact much the same way as sisters everywhere. We argue, a little. She bosses me around, a lot. I complain, once in awhile...My point is, we are normal sisters that do not agree 100% of the time and often make our opinions quite obvious to one another.

You may have also noticed that my contribution to this blog does not really contain a lot of praise directed at Bree. I figure she has lots of fans that are already inflating her head enough. I don't really need to add to that. I wouldn't want her to you know, just float away like a hot air balloon or something. But today I need to make an exception.

Her latest book release, Guardian Domination, is probably my favorite book she has ever written. Well, in all honesty, it is tied with Generals Daughter. But a favorite book, none the less. So when she decided to finally submit it for publishing, I was thrilled. Cause I knew how good it was and I knew that you all were gonna flip over it just as much as I did.

 But, with that announcement came something else. She was being advised that the book was just a tad too big. That readers are not that interested in big books. So, like a good author, she heeded the advice she had received and started cutting content out of the book. And I started complaining. A lot. A whole lot. Cause I did not agree that readers don't like big books. I think most readers-or at least the ones with half a brain in their heads-love big books. How else will you  really get into the characters heads? And how else can you totally and completely fall in love with a story line? Sure, you can love shorter books but big books, well, they are what I think readers want. Your paying for the story after all right? I mean, you want to get what you are paying for. In any case, we argued and lets just say, there were tears. Lots of them. Im not even sure why I cared so much, but I did. I am sure Bre could tell you -her with her psych background and all. But I don't really want to know. I just know that I felt very strongly that cutting the book up was a bad idea.

Luckily, Bree is one of those people gifted in balance. She was able to cut stuff from that book that was redundant and that people wouldn't miss-and actually added some new material-which definitely enhanced the book. Ultimately, I am not even sure how much she removed from the book and how much she added but the end result is....A Nice Big Fat Book. A terrific story that you read and fall in love with right away. And based on the reviews and comments she has received so far, I think that her peeps are loving the book just as much as I do. And the best part???? Sooo many comments about how happy they are that it is a full sized novel. Not a little book but a real story that you can sink your teeth into.

So what do I have to say about that???? Wait for it.............................................................................................................................................................
I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!! 

That's right. I knew this book was gonna be a hit and I knew that everyone would appreciate/love/adore the nice big size of it. So there you have it. Once in awhile, I am right about something. And I am not too proud to admit it. :)

P.S.  If you haven't yet read this book, go get it now. Really, right now before it sells out.

Love, Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment